Monday, February 2, 2009

RealD 3D

Looks like 3D is making its push to achieve Comeback Technology of the Year honors with a few Super Bowl ads showcasing the medium. There are a few movies coming out which will feature the technology as well as an episode of Chuck on NBC tonight. I saw My Bloody Valentine and The Nightmare Before Christmas in RealD within the past 2 years and have to say that while it's definitely a different experience that has its moments, I don't see it becoming "the next big thing." It's just too annoying to become that popular. Besides that, I didn't talk to anyobe at the office today who even knew they were going to need 3D glasses to watch commercials, so I'm not sure how affective last night's ads were. Here's an interesting site which chronicles the history of 3D technology.

You can also go behind the scenes of Real D by clicking here.

No response to “RealD 3D”