Saturday, February 28, 2009

Music Videos: At the Diner

Superdrag - Sucked Out

There was a time when Mtv not only played music videos, but they did so in a manner that broke new bands and kept them in the spotlight when they were worthy. Superdrag was one such band simply because of the song "Sucked Out" and this video, which again takes place in a diner. Since 1996 was back before media was readily available on the internet I remember going days and possibly even weeks waiting to see this video again because radio stations weren't playing the song and Mtv seemingly had the rights to the video. I remember wondering whether or not the song was as great as I had been remembering since the morning I saw it before walking off to school (5th grade at the time) because I'd have to wait so long to see it again. It was. And is.

Listen and watch, HERE.

Superdrag toured for years and produced a lot of good music, all of which I've followed. I consider them one of the better power pop bands of the 90s, but popular history will prove them as One Hit Wonders.

No response to “Music Videos: At the Diner”