Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Agent M

Introducing my favorite female punk vocalist of all time, Emily Whitehurst of Tsunami Bomb. Considering she was the first one I'd really heard and my music collection really doesn't consist of a whole lot of lady vocalists, I'd say I'm still pretty open for a new "favorite," but she's a fine placeholder atop the list for now as someone who sang her ass off and paved the way for the Paramore's and the Eisley's of the world today.

Emily went by "Agent M" in the mid to late 90s when it was fashionable to have some sort of punk rock nickname (was that ever fashionable?).Not sure if she still prefers that name today with her new band The Action Design, but here's the song that won me over in 10th grade.


And last year, Whitehurst provided vocals on MxPx's cover album for "Heaven is a Place on Earth:"

No response to “Agent M”