Saturday, January 3, 2009

Trip Advisor

I appreciate tripadvisor.com. It played an enormous role in the preparation for my vacation to Jamaica last July. Articles and tips on the site are generally very helpful and well written, and in my experience very accurate. I'm particularly fond of their user reviews. The site is usually a great starting point when planning a vacation. You can imagine my surprise, then, to see their year-end list of the best new destinations of 2008 so poorly effortlessly contstucted:

I can't speak for most of those locations, but I think it's ridiculous to include Wasilla or even Chicago on that list, especially when your site is normally devoted to vacation spots. I doubt Sarah Palin was really that influential of a celebrity this year to cause a sudden spike of tourism in Alaska. Also, how can Vegas ever be considered a "breakout place," and doesn't the description of Le Val seem shameless and ultimately unnecessary?

Trip Advisor

No response to “Trip Advisor”