Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Drumming and Singing


As someone who dabbles in guitar but is hardly proficient enough at the instrument itself to even contemplate singing and strumming at the same time, I had to ponder the level of Mikey Erg's skill to be able to drum (punk drum, no less) and sing at the same time proficiently (I've seen the Ergs! live and he was excellent). Drumming seems impossible, so I can imagine singing at the same time being something of an inhuman feat. I've seen others like Steve-O from Sum 41 do it too, but never exclusively like Mikey Erg. and there are certainly a whole host of others who do both to varying degrees. Well, wonder no more about the more famous of these skillful musicians, here is a blog which rounds up the top 10 men (and women) who successfully combined these duties. I think the list could better serve by listing these drummers in order by how often they sang, and I suspect at first glance that Levon Helm would have been #1 regardless of how it was compiled.

The B-List: 10 Singin' Drummers

No response to “Drumming and Singing”