Friday, November 20, 2009

Great Rock Lisps

Dan Andriano
As far as great rock vocalists go, there are plenty. However, I would guess that very few have notable lisps. Dan Andriano of Alkaline Trio benefits by being one half of a duo of very capable singers, but something tells me the band would have been less accepted at first with him at the helm instead of the band's established frontman, Matt Skiba.

Anyway, while some are turned off by it, I find his vocal style unique,endearing, and one of the scene's best. Here's Dan singing "Smoke" on Alkaline Trio's Crimson album:
Alkaline Trio - Smoke
Found at skreemr.com

One response to “Great Rock Lisps”

Life's A. Beach said...

He is a great singer. And you can't really tell when he sings that he has a lisp, but that one acoustic album i have it's like overwhelming how much you can hear his lisp. So I am not sure why that is, but when we saw him I only heard it when he spoke.