Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Remember Cornershop?


It's been about 12 years or so since one hit wonders, Cornershop, came out with said one hit, Brimful of Asha, but we can all agree the song is worth looking back on because of how great it was, right?. Up until now the only thing I've known about the song is that it's catchy and that the lyrics sound like complete nonsense to me, but a quick google search indicates that those words have some sort of cultural Indian significance. I mean, the song itself has its own wikipedia page, so it's gotta be important. I guess I knew somehow that it was sort of political, but now I know for sure what Jacques Dutronc and the Bolan Boogies ...The Heavy Hitters and the chi-chi music means.


On a related note, I apologize if I've ruined the song for you.
Skreemr only has the Fatboy Slim remix of the song, but you should be able to click the "Listen to full song here" in the imeem box below.

EDIT: You can click the link and listen to the whole song for free, but you have to sign up for free at imeem. It's worth it I think. You get to listen to some free music every once in a while and they get to know who you are.

Brimful Of Asha - Cornershop

And the Fatboy Slim remix for good measure:
Fatboy Slim - Brimful Of Asha (Cornershop FBS Remix)
Found at skreemr.com


Brimful of Asha - Explained

No response to “Remember Cornershop?”