Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Spooked

I hear it is common for some companies to encourage their employees to spend more time doing work and less time scouring the web for innapropriate content. It turns out that my employer is one such company. A company-wide e-mail about appropriate electronic communication (internetz, woot!) (I'm sorry) recently scared me out of updating this blog on any type of regular basis. Apparently our web usage is monitored including "wikis and blogs" and we are not to use the web to post anything innapropriate.

The problem is, even though I keep this site to amuse myself during breaks and most of the posts will be fictional accounts of cube life, I can understand why someone might perceive my sense of humor as innapropriate and why the site's content could be viewed as "about Company X." So, as a precautionary measure, you'll notice a very subliminal-like message which exists in this site's title now which I assume will protect me from any type of corporate harm. I have never and will never use the name of my employer on this site (I don't even post using my real name for Cripe's sake), and I do so because just like most people I live in constant fear of losing my job. I'll also have to clean up any foul language from past posts just in case. This site just got a whole lot lamer (than it already was), but let the posting start again.

One response to “Spooked”

Redheaded Golem said...

I, for one, hope Cubsicle continues - if only because it's the only site that links to mine.

BTW - I've worked for a few companies that block access to blog sites entirely. (A bit harsh, considering some of these sites contain actual, helpful-type information.)