Wednesday, July 23, 2008

funkyfreshballa@snax.com

When you work as a customer service representative you look for ways to make each call just a little less boring. Unfortunately, at a conservative company like mine a call can only be as interesting as the person calling in. So, I've found one surefire way for a client to make me laugh on the phone every time: a hilarious e-mail address.

In some cases these can be purposefully funny, and the client will laugh along with me when they spout it off. I remember one example: talldarkngreesy@xxxx.com. That guy at least acknowledged how uncomfortable it was that I had to have him confirm how it was spelled. But my favorite example of this always comes from people who are caught off guard by my asking them for it. Embarassed, they will eventually work up the courage to give it to me, but they won't talk about it and 9 times out of 10 they rush through it and avoid my reading it back to them. Usually these are aol or yahoo addresses like spoonylove@aol or xxhottchickxx123@yahoo, but I've noticed most google users have the good sense to make their e-mail address a bit more professional.

No response to “funkyfreshballa@snax.com”