Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Brand New Cube

Today I had the privilege of answering several arbitrary "behavioral related questions" before a panel of 3 somewhat-more-powerful-than-me-but-not-too-much-in-the-grand-scheme-of-things suits. My answers were required to be in the form of STAR, meaning I had to carefully separate the Situation/Task, Action, and Result of exactly 6 of my life's events which may or may not have actually happened. I did so with a smile on my face, very happy to indulge the suits in the wonderful round of BS I had rehearsed for just 10 minutes prior to the meeting. Yes, I was on an interview. If all goes well I will pack up my modest belongings in the south end of the building and have a crew of people (whose only job is apparently to carry boxes) carry my junk over to a substantially larger cubicle in the northeast corner of the building where I will do a similar job for a modest increase in yearly salary.

I hope to one day work in a cube with a door and perhaps a window or two.

No response to “A Brand New Cube”