Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sky Map


I recently moved into the world of modern cell phone technology by purchasing the HTC Droid Eris which besides allowing me to stay on the Verizon network that I enjoy (as opposed to buying an iPhone), also offers the freedom of Linux-based mobile processing with the Android Operating System, which was developed by Google. Although having so much data available at my fingertips was overwhelming at first, I'm finding that one of the great things about a phone like this is the array of free applications available. There's a thousand ways to make your day easier just by taking a minute to download something new. This is a concept I'm getting used to, so expect some posts about different apps I'm trying, like this one, Google's Sky Map.

I haven't used it yet, but supposedly all I need to do is point my phone at the sky on a clear night and the GPS function on my phone will point out the different constellations I'm looking at or pointing me towards an object I'm looking for (like in the picture above) and showing me how to spot it. The app already gets some rave reviews on the internet, but I'll check back with mine once I try it out.

No response to “Sky Map”