Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Arctic Monkeys on SNL

Speaking of musical guests, my favorite performance of all time was the Arctic Monkeys performance of "A Certain Romance" on SNL. I had never heard of them or the song, but after seeing them that night I've been a fan since. Unfortunately, NBC has pulled the video. What I remember most about that specific song (they played 2 that night) was that at one point their lead singer (Alex Turner) noticed an audience member yawning and pointed it out mid-song and continued on disgusted. The guitarist broke his guitar as he slammed it in anger after the song. I guess the single yawn justified the band's apprehension to leave the UK for the first time. Anyway, that part of the performance is of course still alive and well here on youtube.

No response to “Arctic Monkeys on SNL”