Wednesday, January 27, 2010

#3 - Patton Oswalt

Because not all good stand up can be based on politics, religion, and an overall dark world outlook.

Patton Oswalt continues to be comedy's King of the Nerds. Though he does incorporate some atheism into his act, most of his bits are derived by applying his nerdy D&D playing, Star Wars obsessive, english major's perspective to pop culture topics. He earns additional credit in my book for willingly including inside stories about his acting career into his material, which is rare for comedians with lucrative side careers to do. Both of his last two albums, Werewolves and Lollipops (2007) and My Weakness is Strong (2009) have spent time at #1 on the US Comedy chart, though admittedly I have no idea whether or not that's even difficult. Let's assume it is.

Here's Patton explaining the noble thing he'd do if given access to a time machine.

One response to “#3 - Patton Oswalt”

Anonymous said...

I do love Patton, but I don't find myself laughing that much at his work. More nodding in agreement than laughing. I'm glad he exists though. He's needed.