Saturday, January 30, 2010

#2 - Louis CK


Though he's been credited behind the scenes as a writer for The Late Show, Late Night, and The Dana Carvey Show (which was fantastic), these days most people have heard or seen Louis CK behind a microphone or acting on tv.

And although he comes in at #2 on my personal list (who gives a shit about lists?) CK could quite easily be the best standup on the planet right now if only because he's quite frankly the ballsiest. His formula is to just get in front of an audience and spill his pathetic guts out in the form of jokes, even if it means alienating the people closest to him. He says the things you won't even admit to acknowledging about life.

Here's one of his more famous appearances on Conan in October 2008.

2 Responses to “#2 - Louis CK”

Redheaded Golem said...

Spoiler : #1 is George Lopez

Anonymous said...

Lopez! Really!!! Ha ha. I'm guessing Zach?

As for Louis, I've just "discovered" him in the past few months. Watched everything I can get my hands on. This guy is amazing. Such a great mix of anger, humour, self-righteousness, surrealism, absurdity, offensiveness. He's challenging David Cross for number one on my list. And that clip, which I haven't seen before, is fantastic. Great ending.