Monday, July 6, 2009

Pick R Set


PickRSet.com is an interesting website worth mentioning. I like the idea of letting the audience vote democratically to determine a band's set list for a concert. It's an especially cool idea when applied to bands whose set lists are bland and predictable.

It occurs to me, though, that at every show there are always assholes who like to call loudly for rare songs just to prove their pretentious worth as fans, and I see this website as a forum for those people to be heard. That may just be cynicism, I'm not sure.

Doesn't matter, though. PickRSet is probably just a clever way for bands to interact with their fans without having to actually give anything back in return. Of the PickRSet shows I've been to, the final Top 10 songs have never actually been played. Seems bands like to see the results and choose a few of the songs that might normally have not been played. I guess they have to try and sell their new stuff or something.

No response to “Pick R Set”